Update: In case you have not realized by now, this has been an April Fools’ Day joke. It was an elaborate, evil and cruel one, which hurt many of you. It hurt us, especially me even more to write about it. But it was the only way to let you folks known that we are still alive, even if the project isn’t. It’s been a hell of a crazy ride these past few years. It is time for me to come out from the shadow. Ever since Paradox bought the IP, we went straight to White Wolf to talk about the project. Tobias, the former CEO, was very keen about us approacing them with this idea. They liked it so much that they wanted it to make it happen as much as we did. But we all know, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines has a particular stigma tied to it. We’ve talked back and forth to find a possibility to make this happen. After two years of discussions, we have finally hit a wall. This has been a very messy process for all of us involved. While I cannot disclose the specific reasons, I can only say this: getting the rights to Bloodlines seems impossible. Due to how Bloodlines was licensed, it’s fully owned by Activision. Right now, there’s nothing White Wolf nor Paradox can do about it. We can neither. We have tried everything possible to make this happen, but ultimately, Activision has the final say on it all. It’s been a hell of a rollercoaster ride for all of us. I hope we won’t let you down when we say, the stake is in their hand. I appreciate all that White Wolf and Paradox did, and that they were along our ride and journey, and for that, we thank them. And we thank you, the fans, for sticking with us for all these years, hoping, like us, that one day, this project will see the light…
Descend into Los Angeles’ Dark Underbelly when Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines Revival (formerly known as Project Vaulderie) Launches on PC and Console in 2021.
LOS ANGELES & STOCKHOLM – April 1, 2019 – Paradox Interactive reveales Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines Revival, a role-playing game (RPG) set in a modern day Los Angeles faithfully reimagined in White Wolf Publishing’s World of Darkness. The game is currently in development and will launch on PC and consoles in 2021. Developed by Hardsuit Labs in collaboration with Anharmonic Games, brought by project lead Artur “atrblizzard” Tacacs, lead of canceled project Project Vaulderie, Bloodlines Revival is a faithful reimagination to the iconic RPG Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, featuring reactive storytelling, fast-paced melee combat, and intriguing characters with their own hidden motives. Players will become the ultimate vampire as they stalk the city streets for prey, maneuver complex political relationships, and balance their need for blood against their withering humanity.
Pre-orders for Bloodlines Revival are now available on the Epic Games Store as exclusive, followed by Steam and GOG, and the Paradox Store for $23.99. A “Golden Sarcophagus Edition“, which contains the “Season of the Kine” and “Antitribu Masquerade” season pass and includes additional story content to be released after launch, is also available for pre-order at $49.99. Pre-orders, along with additional information about the game, are available here: www.projectvaulderie.com
Created in an act of vampire insurrection, your existence ignites a blood war among the vampire factions who run Los Angeles. To survive, you’ll choose a clan and enter into uneasy alliances with the competing factions in a world which will react to every choice you make. Unleash your supernatural powers against your prey, but be mindful of your surroundings at all times or run the risk of breaking the Masquerade — the absolute law of secrecy that keeps Vampire society hidden from humanity.
The creative mind behind the original Project Vaulderie, Tacacs “atrblizzard” Artur, returns as Lead Project for Bloodlines Revival, giving fans a true remaster to the original cult classic. “When Paradox announced they were acquiring the World of Darkness IP, I immediately started thinking about what it would be like to return to Vampire: The Masquerade”, Artur said.
“Our aim has been to carry on the signature themes that made Bloodlines unique – particularly its dark tone, atmosphere, and humor – and I think that fans of the original will love what we’re doing with Bloodlines Revival. We’ve been thrilled when Project Vaulderie was greenlit by Paradox, after it has been shut down by CCP a year prior. It wouldn’t have been possible without Paradox and Activision making sure the remaster being in the fans’ interest.”
Project Vaulderie has started as a fan project in 2014, originally being led by Tacacs “atrblizzard” Artur, aiming to remake Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines in Unity. It garnered a lot of attention after its announcement, proving that the original game needed an improved version, which would fix crucial issues and bring major improvements that wouldn’t be possible otherwise. Unfortunately, it has been met with a terrible faith, after CCP Games sent the team a C&D letter, telling them that the project is being canceled. It all changed once Paradox Interactive bought the World of Darkness IP and formed the new White Wolf team from CCP Games.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines Revival features:
- Reimagined from the grounds up – While the original Bloodlines was a masterpiece, it had some flaws that need to be fixed. From gunplay to AI to graphical overhaul, re-visit Los Angeles like you never had before. Assets are being reworked from the ground up, bringing in both old and new fans to (re)live the cold streets of L.A. “Diagonal walks” are a thing of a past!
- Full Modding Support – Modding is at the heart of what makes Bloodlines so unique, giving the players the power to create their new locations and quests, and decide how Final Night will occur. Proper modding support and editor tools will be available post-release.
- Cross-Platform – Windows, Mac and Linux support, including streamline console launch, so that you can pick up and enjoy the game from any platform.
- Official Unofficial Patch – We’ve teamed up with Werner “Wesp5” Spahl, to incorporate all the balancing made from the Unofficial Patch, including the restored cut contents that we ought to do from the grounds up.
- Streamlined Gameplay – Immerse yourself in the revamped streets of L.A. The levels have been streamlined to only load once per each hub city level, reducing loading screens almost entirely. No freelancing is required.
- A Modern Take – Visit L.A. with a brand new modern look, with a new inventory system that enhances the playthrough. The disciplines system has been revamped as well, being able to bite more than you can chew.
- Storyteller and Co-Op – In the spirit of Redemption, you will able to roleplay and fully cooperate yourself with your friends through the entire single-player campaign, all while having almost no loading screen.
- Multiplayer – Pit yourself against each other in the ultimate team-based battle of Kindred versus Kine, while you battle along the streets of L.A. Each multiplayer map blends intense combat action and strategy with maps that are linked together to create an unfolding storyline.
- Reimplementing Cut Features – Immerse yourself with never-before-seen features that were scrapped during Bloodlines’ development. Drag around bodies to lower suspicions or throw grenades at your foes while maintaining your stealth. With an arsenal of 10 new weapons that were cut, it adds a new depth of playthrough you never got to experience before!